Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Recipes for a jubilee tea party ...

I hope that you are enjoying your week so far. Mine has been lovely but I am getting a little exhausted with this heat here in London so am hoping and praying that it'll soon cool down a little at night and then maybe I could get a good nights sleep. Well here's to praying.

Anyhow, with the jubilee days away now I wanted to give a little link up to recipes that would suit an ideal English garden tea party.

Oh and by the way my neighbour agreed to have a little get together at hers so on the 5th  i'll be heading next door ! I am ever so delighted and thrilled to be planning a small party.



(source: scones recipe)



And for those that prefer to have a little more than tea to really get the party started then try this which to me is the perfect summer drink ! It's Pimms and Lemonade.


(source: spicyicecream

Don't forget the cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon and cream cheese and basically any little sandwich will do provided you trim the crust off and turn them into tiny triangles like such.


(source: nekoknits)


Put up some bunting and lets start celebrating. Cheers !

HOW ARE YOU CELEBRATING THE JUBILEE ?

Love Chrissi x

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That pimms cocktail looks ah-mazing!! YUM!

Chrissi Holt said...

It is ! I want to have some our wedding in France ... I am sure the French would love it as much as myself ! xx

Stephanie said...

I'm recording the jubilee events so I can watch them all day Sunday! : ) I'm so excited that they are showing them on BBC America!

Chrissi Holt said...

Fantastic ! So funny that you guys will be watching it all. I believe they are more Americans wanting to watch the real than us Brits we are more up for the parties lol gosh I hope there's a street party would be soooooo cool !! Xx

Anonymous said...

Scones & cake look delicious!

Chrissi Holt said...

It's all about the camera and the styling lol !!! Have you been and visited cannelle and vanelle ? fabulous site xx