Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bridesmaids ...

Have any of you seen that movie "bridesmaids' aren't the dresses just horrendous ! Well I thought that was a joke and with it being a movie I thought surely everyone has gotten over those dreaded silk, satin and ruffled, puffy sleeved bridesmaids dresses ? Urm actually I was wrong. I have seen pictures of weddings here in the UK where brides have their ladies dressed from head to toe in this stuff. Have they not been out of their homes in the past decade ?! I mean seriously it's time to move on and get with it lol ! 

I don't know whether it is just me now that I live in a cosmopolitan city. Maybe I am more in tune with fashion what works and what so does not work, but even at bridal shops especially in my hometown I have seen brides trying on dresses that don't at all suit them and have their poor bridesmaids looking like some sort of puffy exotic bird lol !

I dread to think what my girls are thinking ! I mean I don't want them stressing. That I certainly don't want.  Ladies just to warn you now ( you know who you girls are) I have taste and I promise, promise I will not make you wear something you won't feel comfortable in or look stupid in.  I want you to be happy, feel beautiful and be all smiley in the pictures on our big day.

Some of the ideas I have in mind. 

My favourite material would have to be chiffon. It is so floaty and makes every woman feel elegant and beautiful. Or so that is what I believe.


(source: dressesuk)


(source: weddingbee)

I also really like the idea of all my maids having the same colour dress but different styles to really suit them.  Maybe one would prefer a shorter dress while the other would be more inclined to wear a full length dress. Who knows !


(source: bing)

Or perhaps something fun and quirky I mean these are really beautiful. The second picture has a French thing going on ! Oh and if you are just reading this blog my fiance is from France maybe this would be his thing too lol !!


(source: carolina)


(source: stylemepretty)

What do you girls reckon ? If it was your wedding what you have your girls dressed in ? I would love to hear your thoughts I really would.  

Comments are always loved by me ! 

Love Chrissi x

4 comments:

ADELINA ALEXANDER said...

I am happy to join your blog and follow you! Would you like to follow me back?
xoox

The Pink Growl said...

I'm in the process of picking out my bridesmaid's dresses now and I'm definitely thinking chiffon vs. satin! Good to get a 2nd on that opinion! :)

Stephanie said...

I love those first two dresses! They are perfect!

Chrissi Holt said...

have you checked out my pinterest board ? there are more of the dresses that i am really digging there ... it's here at christiana holt ... chiffon i think it is then !!! xx